BAIR HUGGER: Surgical device causes serious infections, long-lasting suffering
Another study found that a “significant increase” in the number of particles” capable of transporting bacteria” were present at surgical sites when forced-air devices were used.
The evidence also shows that 3M, the manufacturer of the Bair Hugger Forced Air Warming (FAW) device, has known for 18 years that it could cause airborne contamination of surgical sites.
Victims of their deliberate negligence have suffered serious consequences.
A 70-year old man needed 15 surgeries and was ultimately forced to have his artificial hip removed and replaced when he was infected after a Bair Hugger was used during his surgery. Another victim, who underwent a total knee replacement surgery, was infected with MRSA – Methicilian-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus. The dreaded “Super Bug” – as it is popularly known – is” resistant to methicillin, amoxicillin, penicillin, oxacillin and many other common antibiotics.”
Experienced lawyers at Wayne Wright LLP have the knowledge and expertise to help victims who acquired infections caused by the Bair Hugger forced-air heater. Needless suffering should not be ignored in instances of corporate greed. Anyone with an infection that developed after surgery for a knee or hip replacement should call Wayne Wright immediately.