What You Need to Know Before Filing a Wage and Hour Claim in Texas

When you sign your employment contract with your new boss, you are excited. You have a job and the promise of an income. With that, you can pay your bills, support your family, and live life a little bit more comfortably.Then something goes wrong. Your employer fails to pay you and you’re stuck. You can’t pay your bills. Your home life becomes strained because you can’t make ends meet. Your employer is to blame, but he is doing nothing to help.When something like this happens to you, you have rights under the law. By filing a wage and hour claim, you can hold your employer responsible and get the money that is rightfully yours.

What to Include When Filing a Wage and Hour Claim in Texas

The first step in filing a complaint against your employer is to send a form to the Department of Labor. There are a few critical items that you’ll need to include on this form in order to have your claim considered. They include:

  • Your name.
  • Your contact information, including address and phone number.
  • The company you’re filing the claim against.
  • The contact information for the company, including address and phone number.
  • Manager or owner in charge of addressing the claim.
  • The type of work you performed.
  • How you got paid (cash, check, etc.)
  • The history of your payments.

This is the basic information that the Department of Labor needs to see. In addition, you may want to include your record for the time you worked, references within the company, proof of payment with past paystubs, and any other pertinent information.

As straightforward as these claims might seem, there is a lot that goes into what you submit. To make sure you are providing all of the necessary information to the person reviewing your claim, it is important that you work with an employment lawyer. Our attorneys can help you review your form and manage your paperwork from start to finish to maximize your chances at getting what is rightfully yours. Contact us today to get started.

Start Your Case

Fill out my online form.