Get The Answers You Need 24/7!
San Antonio Personal Injury Lawyers
Dedicated Professional Austin Car Accident Lawyers for Injured Texans
Austin Car Accident Lawyers
When a Wayne Wright car accident lawyer represents you, their focus is on what comes next: your recovery. There are many different kinds of motor vehicle wrecks and each requires unique attention from an attorney who understands the impact can be devastating regardless if it was a minor or major injury sustained during the time in question.
If you or a loved one has been involved in an auto crash that resulted in injury, it is crucial to discuss your situation immediately after being injured so legal action can be taken against the at-fault party. This is the first step to getting the compensation you deserve for your pain & suffering after an auto crash. Wayne Wright’s experienced car accident lawyers can help you prove that the other person was at fault by looking over all of your case details, before making this determination.
“My claim wasn’t huge but the treated me like it was. Walked me through it all, kept me informed, checked in on my medical visits and all during covid lockdown. Highly recommend this team. My attorney Mitch and his team were the absolute best.”
– Cari Delgado | Google Review
Free Case Evaluation
Don't Settle For Less, Receive The Compensation You Deserve. Free Consultation. Pay Nothing Unless We Win Your Case! Contact our San Antonio Personal Injury Lawyers today!
Why is it important to hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
Road accidents happen every day and cause serious injuries, some of which are life-changing. Legal representation is recommended if you have been injured in a car wreck as car insurance companies may try to diminish your claim on the grounds that the accident was not their responsibility or that your injuries were not severe enough. An attorney with extensive experience will negotiate with insurance companies to get you full compensation for your pain and suffering, as well as any lost income from time off work and damage to your property.
What should I do if I get into a Vehicle Accident?
If you have been involved in a serious auto accident, you should call 911 or your local law enforcement to get the proper authorities to assess the scene. After the police arrive, take note of what they write down and gather as much information as you can from them. If a police report is made about your accident, check to see if it is factual and accurate before signing any documents that acknowledge the reports validity.
Be sure to obtain the other parties contact information, insurance provider, license number along with the make & model of their vehicle. You will also need to get in touch with your own insurance company.
Once you have taken all the above precautions, it is important to contact an experienced car accident lawyer that understands what it takes to build a strong case against the party at fault.
Find a Car Accident Lawyer Near You
If you’ve been injured in a car accident caused by another person’s negligence, you need the help of an experienced car accident lawyer who is familiar with the processes and procedures in San Antonio. Since 1965, our team of legal professionals has helped thousands of people throughout San Antonio recover maximum compensation for their injuries.
Our expertise with personal injury claims in the Greater San Antonio area allows us to fight your case on both a national and local level. We can handle single or multiple victims’ cases involving serious car accident injuries, wrongful death claims and more.
No matter where you are located in the San Antonio area, we will work with insurance companies to ensure that your claim is filed quickly so that you receive full compensation for all related expenses.
Common Car Crashes an Auto Accident Lawyer Can Help With
There are many causes for car accidents both common and rare.
Some of the more common causes include: speeding, drunk driving, distracted drivers, aggressive or reckless drivers, driving while fatigued and running red lights or stop signs.
Other types of car accidents might occur because of defects in the vehicle itself, such as faulty brakes or airbags, or because of faulty road conditions such as potholes and poor weather.
The car accident attorneys at Wayne Wright have several decades of actual experience handling every one of the case types above in San Antonio, Texas.
What to do after a Car Crash: Advice from a car accident lawyer
Every 56 seconds a reportable crash happens in Texas equating to 19,506 car accidents reported every year. This results in one person being injured in a car accident every 2 minute and 3 seconds.
Here are 8 actions to consider if you are ever involved in a serious car accident:
- Examine yourself for injuries.
- Examine any passengers for injuries.
- Seek safety if your vehicle is in a dangerous or compromising position.
- Call 911 when is it safe to do so.
- Wait for the proper authorities to arrive on the scene.
- Trade license & insurance information with the other party or parties.
- Capture photos and additional information to document the incident.
- Contact your insurer to start the claim process.
- Reach out to an experienced Austin Car Accident Attorney to review the details of the incident to determine if you have a strong case.
When you’re involved in a car crash and need legal help, it’s important to find an injury lawyer as soon as possible. The sooner we can start working on your case the better chance that everything will go smoothly for our clients!
Common Injuries from a Car Accident
A car accident can be a traumatic experience for anyone involved. Though the latter is often not visibly apparent, car accidents are responsible for millions of medical bills every year. Car accidents have many common injuries that range from minor to severe.
Here is a List of 7 Types of Car Crash Injuries
- Head injuries: This type of injury occurs when the head bangs against the inside of your skull during an accident. It can include any damage done to your brain including a concussion, blackouts and memory loss, and loss of consciousness.
- Whiplash: Whiplash is when the neck jerks back and forth, oftentimes from impact. This injury is common in car accidents because of the force that comes when a car crashes into another, or when it is hit by another vehicle.
- Neck injuries: Neck injuries are caused when your neck twists during an accident and can include any damage done to your spinal cord, muscles, tendons, ligaments, or discs.
- Back injuries: These are caused when the back is pushed forward and then back again, oftentimes with great force during an accident. Broken or torn ligaments in your spine can be one of the results.
- Brain injuries: The most common types of brain injuries happen because of a concussion which occurs when there is a sudden impact to the head causing the brain to shake within the skull.
- Spinal cord injuries: These are caused when bones in your spine are crushed or slip out of place, often times resulting in paralysis.
- Soft tissue damage: This is one of the most common types of car accident injuries because it occurs when muscles, tendons, ligaments, and other soft tissues are ripped or torn which can cause pain up to a year after the accident.
The wide variation in the injuries suffered is why it is of the utmost importance to have a doctor evaluate you immediately after a serious car accident. The doctor’s report will be critical in helping your attorney to determine how they will proceed with your case.
If you were involved in a car accident, connect with our team of experienced car accident injury attorneys immediately at Wayne Wright.
How can a car crash attorney Determine Fault in an Auto Accident?
If you’re involved in a car accident, the issue of fault is likely to come up. There are several factors that must be considered when determining fault in an auto accident.
- Negligence: If the other driver was simply inattentive or driven in a reckless manner, then he or she may be found negligent and therefore legally at fault.
- Contributory negligence: If the other driver was partially at fault, then this may be taken into account.
- Comparative negligence: If both drivers displayed negligent behaviors resulting in a car crash, the damages will likely decrease proportionally according to each party’s relative degree of fault.
- Assumption of risk: When making a claim for compensation as a result of an injury, you must apportion your damages accordingly if your injuries were caused by your own negligence.
- Intentional acts: If a driver intentionally engages in reckless behavior, then you will likely not be able to obtain damages.
If you feel that the other driver’s negligence was a direct cause of your car accident, then it is in your best interest to seek legal counsel from a car accident injury attorney.
Our experienced Car Accident Injury Lawyers can help you to identify the determining factors above!
Should I contact an auto accident lawyer in San Antonio?
In most cases, the answer is yes. It’s important to seek legal counsel as soon as possible after being involved in a car crash because your injury may have been caused by something other than just unavoidable damage from crashing into another vehicle. You could also suffer severe trauma including head/spinal cord injuries which requires immediate attention if left untreated. Our attorneys at Wayne Wright are here to help you every step of the way.
life can change in the blink of an eye. While we cannot turn back time, our legal team will help with what comes next: your recovery and recover any damages you suffered. We make sure you are compensated, and you will not pay us until we win your case.
Why do I need to hire a car accident attorney?
Hiring a lawyer to fight for your rights in an auto accident is a very smart thing to do. In many cases, car accidents cause injury or catastrophic property damage that can have a major impact on your health and finances. Wayne Wright has the experience to guide you through the process.
Free Car Accident Consultation. Pay Us Only If We Win!
When you are injured in any kind of accident, it may make sense to take legal action against the responsible party. The most common reason for taking legal action is when the at-fault party’s insurance company offers an unfair settlement amount due to their desire to pay as little money out as possible with regard to this claim.
After receiving money from the defendant or his/her insurance company, still suffering from pain and disability caused by the accident and not receiving any compensation for future medical needs, the injured party could sue for “pain and suffering” damages.
Using a car accident attorney is very important in this situation, because handling these types of lawsuits without one is not advisable. Hiring an experienced lawyer to fight for your rights can be extremely beneficial in many cases.
There are many other reasons why it might make sense to hire a car accident attorney. It should be noted that it may not always be necessary to go through the court system when pursuing compensation for damages arising from an auto accident. Some options other than filing suit include mediation or settling directly with the defendant outside of court. When taking either of these steps, hiring a good personal injury lawyer in San Antonio TX can help you achieve success in your claim.
What Are The Most Common Reasons To Hire An Auto Accident Attorney?
- Rear End Collision
- Bike vs Car
- Motorcycle vs car
- Negligent Driving
- Multiple Car Collision
- Rollover Accident
- Rear End Collision
- DWI Accident
- Uninsured/Under Insured Drivers
- Pedestrian Accident
- Hit & Run Accident
- Commercial Vehicle Accident
- Semi-Truck Accident
What To Do After A Car Crash – Seek advice from a Car Accident Attorney
- Assess the damage
- Don’t sign anything
- Be careful what you say
- Do NOT admit fault or partial fault
- Collect evidence – Take pictures
- Call Wayne Wright at – (210) 934-3748
Wayne Wright has recovered billions for our clients. We are undefeated in Texas. You Don’t PAY Unless We WIN Your Case!
Don’t settle unless you call Wayne Wright car accident attorneys. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends. You could be owed millions of dollars. Call Us Now!
If You suffered from one of these ailments caused by a car accident, call us immediately:
- Head: Eye injuries, partial vision loss, concussion, facial or jaw fractures and dental injuries
- Neck and Back: Whiplash, strained muscles, and disk injuries
- Abdominal: Injuries to abdominal organs including the liver, spleen, and kidneys
- Broken Bones: Tibia/fibula, femur, rib, hip, pelvis, facial and back fractures are most commonly caused by high-impact crashes.
- Leg and Knee: Bruises, fractures, and meniscus tears
- Feet: Ankles, feet, and toes can be strained, sprained or broken
- Catastrophic Injuries: Auto accidents are the leading cause of catastrophic personal injuries. These injuries typically have a life-long effect.
Contact San Antonio’s Car Accident Lawyers
Hardship comes in all forms. From being blindsided by an auto accident to suffering at the hands of another person’s negligence, Wayne Wright Injury San Antonio Lawyers are here to ensure you are compensated and able to get your life back on track.
Call today for your FREE case evaluation today, (210) 934-3748.
Here are other areas of practice our San Antonio lawyers handle.