Car Accident Lawyer Austin
Personal Injury Lawyers in Austin, Texas!
Google Guaranteed: we are a screened and qualified Google-backed business. After being reviewed by Google, they have awarded us this badge because we're a trustworthy, legitimate business. Not all companies can pass the Google Guarantee.
Get The Answers You Need 24/7!
Austin Car Accident Lawyers
Dedicated Professional Austin Car Accident Lawyers for Injured Texans
Austin Car Accident Lawyers
When a Wayne Wright car accident lawyer represents you, their focus is on what comes next: your recovery. There are many different kinds of motor vehicle wrecks and each requires unique attention from an attorney who understands the impact can be devastating regardless if it was minor or major injuries sustained during the time in question.
If you or a loved one has been involved in an auto crash that results in injury, it is crucial to discuss your situation immediately after being injured so legal action can be taken against the at-fault party. This is the first step to getting the compensation you deserve for your pain & suffering after an auto crash. Wayne Wright’s experienced car accident lawyers can help you prove that the other person was at fault by looking over all of your case details, before making this determination.
“My claim wasn’t huge but the treated me like it was. Walked me through it all,kept me informed, checked in on my medical visits and all during covid lockdown. Highly recommend this team. My attorney Mitch and his team were the absolute best.”
– Cari Delgado | Google Review
Free Case Evaluation
Don’t Settle For Less Receive The Compensation You Deserve. 100% Free Consultation. Pay Nothing Unless We Win Your Case For You.
Why is it important to hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
Road accidents happen every day and cause serious injuries, some of which are life-changing. Legal representation is essential if you have been injured in a car wreck as car insurance companies may try to diminish your claim on the grounds that the accident was not their responsibility or that your injuries were not severe enough. An attorney with extensive experience will ensure you get full compensation for pain and suffering, as well as any lost income from time off work or damage to your property.
What should I do if I get into a Vehicle Accident?
If you have been involved in a serious auto accident, you should call 911 or your local law enforcement to get the proper authorities to assess the scene. After the police arrive, take note of what they write down and gather as much information as you can from them. If a police report is made about your accident, check to see if it is factual and accurate before signing any documents that acknowledge the reports validity.
Be sure to obtain the other parties contact information, insurance provider, license number along with the make & model of their vehicle. You will also need to get in touch with your own insurance company.
Once you have taken all the above precautions, it is important to contact an experienced car accident lawyer that understands what it takes to build a strong case against the party at fault.
Find a Car Accident Lawyer Near You
If you’ve been injured in a car accident caused by another person’s negligence, you need the help of an experienced car accident lawyer that is familiar with the processes and procedures in Austin. Since 1965, our team of legal professionals has helped thousands of people throughout Austin recover maximum compensation for their injuries.
Our expertise with personal injury claims in the Greater Austin area allows us to fight your case on both a national and local level. We can handle single or multiple victims’ cases involving serious car accident injuries, wrongful death claims and more.
No matter where you are located in the Greater Austin area, we will work with insurance companies to ensure that your claim is filed quickly so that you receive full compensation for all related expenses.
Common Car Crashes an Auto Accident Lawyer Can Help With
There are many causes for car accidents both common and rare.
Some of the more common causes include: speeding, drunk driving, distracted drivers, aggressive or reckless drivers, driving while fatigued and running red lights or stop signs.
Other types of car accidents might occur because of defects in the vehicle itself, such as faulty brakes or airbags, or because of faulty road conditions such as potholes and poor weather.
The car accident attorneys at Wayne Wright have several decades of actual experience handling every one of the case types above in Austin, Texas.
What to do after a Car Crash: Advice from a car accident lawyer
Every 56 seconds a reportable crash happens in Texas equating to 19,506 car accidents reported every year. This results in one person being injured in a car accident every 2 minute and 3 seconds.
Here are 8 actions to consider if you are ever involved in a serious car accident:
- Examine yourself for injuries.
- Examine any passengers for injuries.
- Seek safety if your vehicle is in a dangerous or compromising position.
- Call 911 when is it safe to do so.
- Wait for the proper authorities to arrive on the scene.
- Trade license & insurance information with the other party or parties.
- Capture photos and additional information to document the incident.
- Contact your insurer to start the claim process.
- Reach out to an experienced Austin Car Accident Attorney to review the details of the incident to determine if you have a strong case.
When you’re involved in a car crash and need legal help, it’s important to find an injury lawyer as soon as possible. The sooner we can start working on your case the better chance that everything will go smoothly for our clients!
Common Injuries from a Car Accident
A car accident can be a traumatic experience for anyone involved. Though the latter is often not visibly apparent, car accidents are responsible for millions of medical bills every year. Car accidents have many common injuries that range from minor to severe.
Here is a List of 7 Types of Car Crash Injuries
- Head injuries: This type of injury occurs when the head bangs against the inside of your skull during an accident. It can include any damage done to your brain including a concussion, blackouts and memory loss, and loss of consciousness.
- Whiplash: Whiplash is when the neck jerks back and forth, oftentimes from impact. This injury is common in car accidents because of the force that comes when a car crashes into another, or when it is hit by another vehicle.
- Neck injuries: Neck injuries are caused when your neck twists during an accident and can include any damage done to your spinal cord, muscles, tendons, ligaments, or discs.
- Back injuries: These are caused when the back is pushed forward and then back again, oftentimes with great force during an accident. Broken or torn ligaments in your spine can be one of the results.
- Brain injuries: The most common types of brain injuries happen because of a concussion which occurs when there is a sudden impact to the head causing the brain to shake within the skull.
- Spinal cord injuries: These are caused when bones in your spine are crushed or slip out of place, often times resulting in paralysis.
- Soft tissue damage: This is one of the most common types of car accident injuries because it occurs when muscles, tendons, ligaments, and other soft tissues are ripped or torn which can cause pain up to a year after the accident.
The wide variation in the injuries suffered is why it is of the utmost importance to have a doctor evaluate you immediately after a serious car accident. The doctor’s report will be critical in helping your attorney to determine how they will proceed with your case.
If you were involved in a car accident, connect with our team of experienced car accident injury attorneys immediately at Wayne Wright.
How can a car crash attorney Determine Fault in an Auto Accident?
If you’re involved in a car accident, the issue of fault is likely to come up. There are several factors that must be considered when determining fault in an auto accident.
- Negligence: If the other driver was simply inattentive or driven in a reckless manner, then he or she may be found negligent and therefore legally at fault.
- Contributory negligence: If the other driver was partially at fault, then this may be taken into account.
- Comparative negligence: If both drivers displayed negligent behaviors resulting in a car crash, the damages will likely decrease proportionally according to each party’s relative degree of fault.
- Assumption of risk: When making a claim for compensation as a result of an injury, you must apportion your damages accordingly if your injuries were caused by your own negligence.
- Intentional acts: If a driver intentionally engages in reckless behavior, then you will likely not be able to obtain damages.
If you feel that the other driver’s negligence was a direct cause of your car accident, then it is in your best interest to seek legal counsel from a car accident injury attorney.
Our experienced Car Accident Injury Lawyers from Wayne Wright can help you to identify the determining factors above!
How Can An Austin Car Accident Lawyer Help?
A collision between two cars might not seem like a complex case at first. As you begin to negotiate with the insurance adjuster and hear his reasons for not paying you the full amount owed to you after a crash, you quickly realize that these cases require a lot of attention. Therefore , understanding exactly what to do following a car accident can save you valuable time and money over the course of your auto accident case. After all, without the right evidence, a deep understanding of what benefits are available following a crash, and more, you will not get a fair and just settlement in your case.
We Handle Dealing With Insurance Companies When In A Car Accident
Similarly , the last thing you want to think about after being seriously injured or losing a loved one in a car accident is arguing with the insurance provider for adequate compensation. For instance, it can be tempting to take the insurance company’s first offer just to have it over with. Unfortunately, the payout is always much less than the amount of money you’ll need to cover medical expenses, lost income, and other expenses.
Reach out to a skilled Austin car accident lawyer from Wayne Wright Lawyers, Personal Injury Lawyers to assist you in recovering the full amount of financial compensation you are entitled to. In conclusion, you can count on our law firm and car accident attorneys to fight for your best interests no matter what kind of car accident you were involved in. We’ll take care of your legal needs so you can concentrate on getting better and caring for your family. You can rely on our personal injury attorney team to:
- Conduct a thorough investigation into all aspects of your Austin car accident. This will include collecting all crash-related data (video and photo surveillance, eyewitness statements, accident reports, and more).
- Get a hold of your medical records. We’ll have your medical history checked by a qualified medical professional who can determine the full extent of your injuries.
- Determined the expenses and losses in the past, present, and future projects. To calculate your overall losses, we’ll look at your lost wages, total medical bills, medical equipment costs, and more.
- Make a claim for the insurance company. Not only can we file your claim, but we’ll also manage all contact and negotiations with the insurance companies to ensure that you get paid fairly and quickly.
- File a complaint after a traffic crash. We would not hesitate to file a claim and take the case to court if the insurance company refuses to give a reasonable settlement.
Contact Austin’s Car Accident Lawyers
Hardship comes in all forms. From being blindsided by an auto accident to suffering at the hands of another person’s negligence, Wayne Wright Injury Lawyers are here to ensure you are compensated and able to get your life back on track.
Call today for your FREE case evaluation today, (512) 402-3795.
Here are other areas of practice our Austin lawyers handle.