Are there any harmful side effects in children taking Ritalin?
- Digestive problems, including upset stomach, nausea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, and weight loss
- Headaches and dizziness
- Trouble sleeping, irritability, aggression, or nervousness
- Hallucinations or seizures
- Irregular heart rhythms or palpitations
- Tics or sudden uncontrollable muscle spasms
- Skin irritation such as rashes or itching
Are There Any Other Risks?
A recent Drug Safety Communication from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) alerted physicians and parents to the possibility of skin discoloration in patients using the Daytrana skin patch. This dermal patch is a way of delivering methylphenidate into a patient’s skin, but may cause leukoderma, or changes in skin pigmentation. According to the FDA, patients have suffered loss of skin color up to eight inches in diameter, and although the condition is not painful or harmful, the changes may be permanent.
If you or someone you know suffered severe side effects as a result of taking methylphenidate, the dangerous drug attorneys at Wayne Wright LLP can get you the compensation you deserve for your suffering. Call us today at 210-888-8888 to have us examine the details of your case in your free consultation.